- - Multi-Family Division
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- We offer competitive pay, full benefits, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and paid vacations.
Are you known as an independent problem solver who can comfortably manage several projects simultaneously to get results? Do you enjoy strategic, big picture thinking and having the ability to back it up with a focused, tactical approach? Are you interested in leading a project right out of the gate? Does the opportunity to put on a pair of boots and get out in the field to implement applied engineering excite you? Are you driven to set high standards for quality and meeting deadlines?
If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading because the Field Engineer opportunity at R.T. Moore may be right for you. R.T. Moore is one of the fastest growing mechanical contracting companies in the United States.
This is a career growth opportunity...you bring your education and we will give you real industry experience. The Field Engineer position is a customer interactive, hands-on, full emersion learning opportunity including in-house and field training and development in the areas of design process, budgeting process, Building Information Management (BIM), Plumbing & HVAC technical competencies, building codes, and so much more! All this experience prepares you to take on leadership opportunities.
The R.T. Moore Field Engineer serves as a liaison between office and field operations; providing communication and support that includes technical expertise, material management, and execution of project design to meet or exceed the production budget.
Here's what you can expect in the way of specific job responsibilities:
• Efficiently manages multiple, ongoing projects simultaneously
• Translates digital design into physical installation in the field
• Provides engineered drawings and support to field personnel
• Ensures proper code compliance
• Provides answers to on-site code and design requests
• On-site coordination of mechanical systems with redesign as needed
• Helps ensure jobsite safety
• Coordination of all mechanical and structural systems in cooperation with other vendors
• Manages projects to budget
• Performs heat gain/loss calculations to properly select and/or verify mechanical equipment type and size
• Creates plumbing design to properly size DWV, water & PRV zones, and gas piping
• Regularly communicates progress and project status with leadership
• Effectively conveys technical expertise with field staff to develop credibility, trust, and commitment
• Clearly communicates to convey ideas or changes
• Attentively listens to gain multiple perspectives
• Effectively facilitates to encourages collaboration and process improvement
• Fosters relationships to ensure effective interaction between internal operations, field staff, and customers
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Strong math, science, and computer skills
• Aptitude for applying science and engineering methods to solve problems
• Astute problem-solver
• Initiative and strong work ethic
• Critical thinker
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with diverse people
• Relationship builder
• Desire to learn in a constantly changing environment
• Bachelor's degree - Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technology or Construction Management
Our ideal Field Engineer will carry out their responsibilities while displaying the following key competencies:
• Builds the R.T. Moore brand through high quality of work; delivering first-rate products to every customer, every time.
• Proactively gathers and analyzes information to quickly provide solutions and achieve results.
• Ensures all details for each project are accounted for and monitors processes throughout multiple projects.
• Comfortably works in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and can easily shift focus or reprioritize as project needs dictate.
• Accurately synthesizes all relevant information into innovative solutions with a competitive edge.
R.T. Moore is ranked in the Engineering News Record's listing of Midwest Specialty Contractors and continues to be ranked in PHC News Top 100 Contractors for the 10th consecutive year. Established in 1955, R.T. Moore is a full-service Mechanical Contractor, serving the commercial and residential markets with plumbing, HVAC, design, construction, and engineering services. R.T. Moore has offices in Indianapolis IN, Sarasota FL, Fort Myers FL, and a Denver, CO office coming soon. Target markets include high rise apartments, garden apartments, assisted living, student housing, and hotels. With over 450 full-time employees and annual revenue that exceeds $95 million, R.T. Moore provides in-house Engineering, CAD, and 3D Building Information Modeling Expertise.
Join R.T. Moore's legacy of 'Building Something that Matters'. We are committed to strong customer relationships, on-time installation, quality workmanship, and dependable service, all while creating growth and opportunity for the company and its employees.